As we grow up we have visions and dreams of grandeur for our family, finances, careers and our future. However those dreams quickly fade away once the reality of life appears. We sometimes allow the challenges of life to take us down a path most traveled and we forget about our dreams and aspirations.
Today, I would like to challenge you to dream again!
As we enter the last quarter of 2010 most people will begin to set end of the year goals and a new year’s resolution. I challenge you to choose to purse and live your dream. Open your mind to the possibilities that are ahead of you. Make a conscientious choice that you are going to live everyday of your life to the fullest.
Recently our pastor posed the following questions to the congregation. I think they are very timely and appropriate for this challenge. Answer these questions as if they were a reflection of your true hearts desire for your life.
- What are the five things you value most in life?
- In thirty seconds or less, write down the three most important goals in your life right now.
- What would you do if you hit the lottery and won a million dollars tax free tomorrow?
- If you only had six months to live, how would you spend your time?
- What have you always wanted to do, but were just afraid to try?
- Looking back over your life, what type of activities gives you the greatest sense of importance and mental well being?
- Imagine if you were granted one wish that you can achieve, what would it be?
After answering these questions, can you honestly say that your current goals and activities mirror your true desires? Why or why not? I challenge you to make the necessary life changes that will allow you to live your dream and enjoy your life.
Work on yourself. You are your greatest asset or worst liability.
I leave you with a little inspiration from Mary Mary- Get Up!
Written by: Judi Mason for Elev8
Contact Judi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Facebook Fan
Archive Articles: Judi Mason Post