Dequavious Stephon Mapp, 18, was one of three teenagers shot after the party about a mile from his home. The High School senior died at Atlanta Medical Center.
Recently a similar incident involving an 18 year-old high school senior named Bobby Tillman shocked the nation when the teen was beaten and stamped to death at a house party in Atlanta, Georgia.
A 16-year-old was in critical condition and a 15-year-old in stable condition Sunday after shots were fired at the house on Treeleaf Lane.
Mapp’s mother, Sandra Snow, said Mapp came home Saturday night from his part-time job and told her a friend was coming over to the family’s Conyers home.
“They’re usually in for the night,” Snow told the AJC.
Snow was asleep when she got a phone call from one of her daughters telling her Dequavious was in the emergency room.
“No. It’s not right. He’s in his room. He’d been here all night,” Snow said she told her daughter. “But he wasn’t here.”
Snow said she has learned that her son was invited to a party, and friend picked up Dequavious and a female friend and drove them to the party.
Snow said Dequavious’s death came just a year after her oldest son, Durante Mapp, was shot to death in DeKalb County.
He had been struggling with himself because he lost his brother,” Snow said. “But he was coming around. He had a part-time job that he loved. And he had just bought himself a Honda.”
After high school, Dequavious planned to study architecture, and was looking forward to being out on his own, his mother said.
“The thing that hurts me the most is that my baby didn’t get the opportunity to graduate from high school,” Snow said. “He was just beginning to spread his wings.”
Read entire article at AJC.com
Teen Beaten To Death At House Party Laid To Rest
Share this post on Facebook! CLICK HERE:
Also On Spirit 1400:
18 photos Launch gallery
1 of 18
2. Thank You Jesus for giving me my smile back. I sure do appreciate You.
2 of 18
3. I've been feeling this pink lip color lately. My hubby, @ejgaines, says that if I were a color, I'd be hot pink. I'm with it! Lol
3 of 18
4. 2 services, 7 songs, headed to airport, flight in a few, concert tonight in Indiana and I'm still smiling! #LifeLessons
4 of 18
5. This little light of mine...#Unstoppable#GrayingGracefully
5 of 18
6. Smiling Days
6 of 18
7. Red carpet ready!!! @siralgernon is everything!!! Showed some of his hidden talents with this whole look. Lol!!!! #journeytothetruth #stopatthestellars #stellars2015
7 of 18
8. Fav pic. #TheBeginning. ☺️😘
8 of 18
9. When I'm bored... In my @rebdolls black dress love them! 💞
9 of 18
10. Leaving Chicago headed for NY for PERFECTING FAITH's 2 services! BELIEVING GOD FOR A GREAT MIRACLE! Lets go, Cheri -!
10 of 18
11. In my office preparing to teach biblical studies tonight...God's word is overwhelmingly GOOD!!! @getthevictory 7pm.
11 of 18
12. Great things happening! 2015 is the year to get things DONE!
12 of 18
13. Happy Sunday!
13 of 18
14 of 18
15. It feels good to be home in Deeeeeetroit for a few days! Trying to catch up with all my people while i'm in town!😎
15 of 18
16. Trumpet Awards Selfie!!!! I SO Enjoyed This Show!!! Man!!! Yall are gonna love it! #Blessed
16 of 18
17 of 18
18. Thank you so much Pastor & First Lady Crozier for having us today. Abundant Life & everyone else from W Virginia who came out we love you! ❤️ #churchselfiechallenge #ResurrectionSunday
18 of 18