New York will pay $3.5 million to a mother whose son died when two prison aides violently restrained him at the former Tryon Boys Residential Center in Fulton County, NY in 2006.
SEE ALSO: Teen Commits Suicide By Piranha
According to the lawsuit, Darryl Thompson stopped breathing and died shortly after prison workers failed to respond to his pleas for help.
The agreement, approved last week by a U.S. District Judge, awards 2.28 million to Anntwanisha Thompson after legal fees for the death of her son.
“There’s no amount of money that is going to compensate for this boy’s life,” the family’s attorney, E. Robert Keach III, told theGrio.
Read more at the Grio.
Hundreds Of American Troops’ Ashes Dumped In Landfill
Sandusky Accuser: “I Screamed For Help From His Wife”
Also On Spirit 1400:
15 photos Launch gallery
1 of 15
2. Thank You Jesus for giving me my smile back. I sure do appreciate You.
2 of 15
3. I've been feeling this pink lip color lately. My hubby, @ejgaines, says that if I were a color, I'd be hot pink. I'm with it! Lol
3 of 15
4. 2 services, 7 songs, headed to airport, flight in a few, concert tonight in Indiana and I'm still smiling! #LifeLessons
4 of 15
5. This little light of mine...#Unstoppable#GrayingGracefully
5 of 15
6. Smiling Days
6 of 15
7. Red carpet ready!!! @siralgernon is everything!!! Showed some of his hidden talents with this whole look. Lol!!!! #journeytothetruth #stopatthestellars #stellars2015
7 of 15
8. When I'm bored... In my @rebdolls black dress love them! 💞
8 of 15
9. In my office preparing to teach biblical studies tonight...God's word is overwhelmingly GOOD!!! @getthevictory 7pm.
9 of 15
10. Great things happening! 2015 is the year to get things DONE!
10 of 15
11. Happy Sunday!
11 of 15
12 of 15
13. It feels good to be home in Deeeeeetroit for a few days! Trying to catch up with all my people while i'm in town!😎
13 of 15
14. Trumpet Awards Selfie!!!! I SO Enjoyed This Show!!! Man!!! Yall are gonna love it! #Blessed
14 of 15
15 of 15