Moment: Oprah Winfrey Ends Longtime Talk Show, Launches OWN Network
From 1986 to 2011, television host and media mogul Oprah Winfrey ruled the airwaves with her nationally syndicated television and eponymously named talk show, which still remains the highest-rated program of its kind. Stepping down after 25 seasons, Oprah would enter the next phase of her career with the Oprah Winfrey Network. After reporting heavy losses early last year, a major overhaul at the network and other savvy moves aim to bring OWN and its slate of original programming to prominence.
Watch Oprah’s last show here:
SEE ALSO: Top Moments In Black History: Halle Berry Becomes 1st Black Woman To Win Best Actress Oscar
Also On Spirit 1400:
18 photos Launch gallery
1 of 18
2. Thank You Jesus for giving me my smile back. I sure do appreciate You.
2 of 18
3. I've been feeling this pink lip color lately. My hubby, @ejgaines, says that if I were a color, I'd be hot pink. I'm with it! Lol
3 of 18
4. 2 services, 7 songs, headed to airport, flight in a few, concert tonight in Indiana and I'm still smiling! #LifeLessons
4 of 18
5. This little light of mine...#Unstoppable#GrayingGracefully
5 of 18
6. Smiling Days
6 of 18
7. Red carpet ready!!! @siralgernon is everything!!! Showed some of his hidden talents with this whole look. Lol!!!! #journeytothetruth #stopatthestellars #stellars2015
7 of 18
8. Fav pic. #TheBeginning. ☺️😘
8 of 18
9. When I'm bored... In my @rebdolls black dress love them! 💞
9 of 18
10. Leaving Chicago headed for NY for PERFECTING FAITH's 2 services! BELIEVING GOD FOR A GREAT MIRACLE! Lets go, Cheri -!
10 of 18
11. In my office preparing to teach biblical studies tonight...God's word is overwhelmingly GOOD!!! @getthevictory 7pm.
11 of 18
12. Great things happening! 2015 is the year to get things DONE!
12 of 18
13. Happy Sunday!
13 of 18
14 of 18
15. It feels good to be home in Deeeeeetroit for a few days! Trying to catch up with all my people while i'm in town!😎
15 of 18
16. Trumpet Awards Selfie!!!! I SO Enjoyed This Show!!! Man!!! Yall are gonna love it! #Blessed
16 of 18
17 of 18
18. Thank you so much Pastor & First Lady Crozier for having us today. Abundant Life & everyone else from W Virginia who came out we love you! ❤️ #churchselfiechallenge #ResurrectionSunday
18 of 18