The first up to compete was
Alexis Hollins sang Cece Winans- “Pray”
- Cece: “I thought you did a great job. Awesome.”
- Donnie: “I couldn’t pay attention. You sang it very hard. You should have pulled back.
- Yolanda: “The energy was phenomenal”
Second up was Tyler Little dedicating Ernest Pugh’s – “I Need Your Glory” to the memory of his grandmother.
- Cece: Calm, cool and collective is what you are. Pure perfection.
- Donnie: Your whole presentation was great. You really have something unique
- Yolanda: To take the styling of Ernest Pugh was great.
Third was Temika McClellan singing “I Am Encouraged”- Donald Lawrence
- Cece: Powerful but pitchy.
- Donnie: Be cautious of your notes.
- Yolanda: Great selection. Make sure you are on top of your notes.
Fourth was Quan Howell who sang was “All I Need”- Brian Courtney Wilson
- Cece: I thought it was solid all the way through.
- Donnie: I loved your approach.
- Yolanda: Ditto and you gave us a few surprises.
Fifth was Paula Champion singing “Can You Reach My Friend”- Helen Baylor
- Cece: You just have to make sure that’s you.
- Donnie: I couldn’t hear you bottom notes, but once you got n there it was great.
- Yolanda: I like the texture of your voice.
Sixth in line was David Michael chose to sing “Praise Is What I Do”- William Murphy
- Cece: You have to be a little more convincing.
- Donnie: It was great and were able to hear your versatility.
- Yolanda: Great voice.
Seventh up was Linda Bell singing the “Holy Ghost”- Milton Brunson
- Cece: Exciting to watch.
- Donnie: It was fun to watch but, there were no vocals.
- Yolanda: You have made Houston proud.
Eighth to perform was Kristin Lowe chose “That Name”-Yolanda Adams
- Cece: Very clear that you have a good voice,but you have to know how to use it.
- Donnie: Never give up.
- Yolanda: I like what you did. Just make sure that your runs are complete.
Ninth Jamel Lewis “Cover Me”- 21:03
- Cece: I enjoyed you thoroughly. A little more energy
- Donnie: You were good. Make sure you give the whole package.
- Yolanda: It takes courage. You did a great job.
Tenth and the closer in line was Yakiima Shepard chose “I Got A Testimony”- Clay Evans
- Cece: I think you did a great job.
- Donnie: Don’t hold back
- Yolanda: It was great.
Take a look back at Episode 1 Sunday Best Season 6: See Who Made It To The Big Stage