Last month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention allocated an estimated $115 mil to 21 organizations around the country that support HIV/AIDS awareness, treatment and prevention. Not one of the organizations that received the funds is black-operated. Roland Martin and a panel of guests discussed the disparity on his Tuesday “NewOne Now” show.
Martin argued that it’s critical black organization receive funding to build capacity to help the communities in which they’re rooted. Panelists agreed and added that with rising HIV/AIDS rates among groups within the black community, there’s a clear disconnect between the epidemic as it’s measured and the government’s funding processes.
Be sure to listen to “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin, weekdays at 7 a.m. EST and watch at 9 a.m. EST on TV One.
Also On Spirit 1400:
15 photos Launch gallery
1 of 15
2. Thank You Jesus for giving me my smile back. I sure do appreciate You.
2 of 15
3. I've been feeling this pink lip color lately. My hubby, @ejgaines, says that if I were a color, I'd be hot pink. I'm with it! Lol
3 of 15
4. 2 services, 7 songs, headed to airport, flight in a few, concert tonight in Indiana and I'm still smiling! #LifeLessons
4 of 15
5. This little light of mine...#Unstoppable#GrayingGracefully
5 of 15
6. Smiling Days
6 of 15
7. Red carpet ready!!! @siralgernon is everything!!! Showed some of his hidden talents with this whole look. Lol!!!! #journeytothetruth #stopatthestellars #stellars2015
7 of 15
8. When I'm bored... In my @rebdolls black dress love them! 💞
8 of 15
9. In my office preparing to teach biblical studies tonight...God's word is overwhelmingly GOOD!!! @getthevictory 7pm.
9 of 15
10. Great things happening! 2015 is the year to get things DONE!
10 of 15
11. Happy Sunday!
11 of 15
12 of 15
13. It feels good to be home in Deeeeeetroit for a few days! Trying to catch up with all my people while i'm in town!😎
13 of 15
14. Trumpet Awards Selfie!!!! I SO Enjoyed This Show!!! Man!!! Yall are gonna love it! #Blessed
14 of 15
15 of 15