The fastest man in the world, Usain Bolt, is probably not too happy right now because his legacy and medal count is being affected, and he is not at fault. It’s being reported that multiple Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt will be stripped of one of his gold medals due to a teammate’s failed drug test.
The Root is reporting that the nine-time Olympic gold medalist will now see his total count go down to eight, after Usain Bolt was officially stripped of his medal from the 2008 Olympic relay. However, Bolt is not the only one to lose his medal, as the entire Jamaican relay team has been disqualified after teammate Nesta Carter tested positive for an illegal substance.
If you’re wondering why Carter’s 2008 drug test has only recently been analyzed, the International Olympic Committee selected 454 drug samples to be retested and Carter’s was included in the bunch. He tested positive for methylhexanamine, which has been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency since 2004.
In a statement, the International Olympic Committee stated, “The Jamaican team is disqualified. [T]the corresponding medals, medalist pins and diplomas are withdrawn and shall be returned.” At press time, Usain Bolt has not released a statement about losing his Olympic medal.
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
Also On Spirit 1400:
15 photos Launch gallery
1 of 15
2. Thank You Jesus for giving me my smile back. I sure do appreciate You.
2 of 15
3. I've been feeling this pink lip color lately. My hubby, @ejgaines, says that if I were a color, I'd be hot pink. I'm with it! Lol
3 of 15
4. 2 services, 7 songs, headed to airport, flight in a few, concert tonight in Indiana and I'm still smiling! #LifeLessons
4 of 15
5. This little light of mine...#Unstoppable#GrayingGracefully
5 of 15
6. Smiling Days
6 of 15
7. Red carpet ready!!! @siralgernon is everything!!! Showed some of his hidden talents with this whole look. Lol!!!! #journeytothetruth #stopatthestellars #stellars2015
7 of 15
8. When I'm bored... In my @rebdolls black dress love them! 💞
8 of 15
9. In my office preparing to teach biblical studies tonight...God's word is overwhelmingly GOOD!!! @getthevictory 7pm.
9 of 15
10. Great things happening! 2015 is the year to get things DONE!
10 of 15
11. Happy Sunday!
11 of 15
12 of 15
13. It feels good to be home in Deeeeeetroit for a few days! Trying to catch up with all my people while i'm in town!😎
13 of 15
14. Trumpet Awards Selfie!!!! I SO Enjoyed This Show!!! Man!!! Yall are gonna love it! #Blessed
14 of 15
15 of 15